The IGUA-SA is governed by a formal constitution as adopted by its founding members and provides for a formal platform or association that provides the required focus and leverage to constructively engage gas industry stakeholders such as National Government, Department of Energy, Department of Trade & Industry, NERSA, current and new entrant gas suppliers etc.
The membership fees are reviewed on a regular basis by the IGUA-SA Exco and may be amended based on membership numbers and specific output requirements from time to time. Fees are levied on a six-month basis from April to September; and October to March. If an organisation becomes a member within a particular six-month period, fees will be calculated pro rata for the remaining months of the six-month period.
Participation and contribution in respect of IGUA-SA is based on typical meeting schedule and attendance as follows:
- Executive committee (Exco) meetings: held monthly, or as determined by the Exco from time to time; approval and implementation of strategy & initiatives; management decisions in terms of IGUA-SA Constitution.
- Strategy & information meetings: held monthly, or as determined by the Exco from time to time; general feedback on workstreams, status updates, proposals on new initiatives, information sharing and industry updates.
- Industry meetings: held as determined by Exco from time to time; general forums and information sharing sessions with external participation on invitation, broad non-member participation.
- AGM: held bi-annually in terms of the IGUA-SA Constitution.
- Events: industry events and conferences as arranged by IGUA-SA from time to time.